Choose An Ideal Location Before booking your booth, ask to see a floor plan and choose your booth location based on one of four things:
- A location close to an entrance is perhaps the best booth space, but they typically tend to be booked faster than most others for obvious reasons
- A corner location is also ideal as you get traffic from two or four different directions. These two are generally among the first booked.
- A location close to a washroom or entertainment area can be strategic as while you may not garner traffic on the way to these facilities, prospects are more relaxed when headed in the other direction.
- In the event that you can not get a space close to an entrance, on a corner or near an entertainment or washroom facility, a location close to a Marquis name who is not a direct competitor. They will tend to have a larger both and draw more audience share, providing an opportunity to capture prospects on the way in, or out.
Give Yourself Enough Time. Planning for a trade show display, particularly in a small company can be one of those things that slips under the radar. Remember you are representing your company in an industry forum, perhaps more than any other time, this is when to put your best foot forward.
- If you lack either time or internal resources, outsource to a professional. Whether you build a booth or simply rent one, a full-service trade show display company can be your best friend. Good full-service trade show display companies are aware of the pitfalls and the opportunities and will guide you accordingly.
- Understand that a trade show is a sales opportunity and set goals and objectives based on your investment. Whether in new accounts or new leads set an objective and plan accordingly. An attendee list is the best way to start prospecting.
- Prepare your display materials. Your display company can again be your best friend here as they can assist in preparing the materials that fit with your overall image and can ensure you have all the materials you typically require.
Staff According To Your Needs. Whether for a new product launch, or for lead generation, the worst mistake you can make is not staffing accordingly.
- A new product launch is feature and benefits rich and as such should be handled by marketing staff.
- For lead generation, business development staff should be front line managing the booth.
Promotions & Giveaways. Promotions and giveaways are ideal, however, there are only so many mints and pens any one individual wants.
- Choose a promotional item that is unique or at a minimum, useful. Custom Post-it notes are nice and for technology, thumb drives, computer lamps or USP ports remain popular.
Get A Name. The most important thing you can do at a trade show is data capture. Get a name.
- For consumers, contest entries or sweepstakes are ideal for database capture however ensure they do not require much more information than a name, an email and a phone number. For associates and peers, a business card draw can be an effective tool.
With these simple tips, you have the start for your trade show. A simple trade show checklist also helps.
About the Author Make your next trade show appearance a success by using a display stand to present your materials to the public. Trade show displays are compact, light and pocket book friendly!
Free News Release Services List
A news release, press release or press statement is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing information claimed as having news value.
Typically, a news release is mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, web sites, radio stations, television stations, and/or television networks. Commercial newswire services are also used to distribute news releases.
Public relations is one of the more effective ways to get the message out about your business. Take every opportunity to promote and celebrate your business successes. This may include new employees, new product lines, a web site update, or simply a new office or retail location. If you are handling communications efforts for your company, familiarize yourself with the local and online media, and what type of news they are likely to run. You may only get a line or two in the business section, or you may be contacted for a feature story. Don’t forget the myriad of online, industry specific, news services that are available to you as well.
Use the following tips as you prepare your press release: (more…)